A couple of weeks ago, I watched my 4 year old niece Emily and 3 year old nephew Mason for a couple of hours. I had to feed Evan, so I covered myself and proceeded to feed him while I was sitting in the living room. Emily, who is always very eager to help out with Evan, quickly said that she wanted to help feed him his bottle. I politely told her that he wasn't going to eat from a bottle. She looked at me with a very puzzled look and asked me how he was going to get his milk. I smiled and said that he was getting his milk from me. Again, she was very confused. She looked at him squirming around on my lap, underneath the cover and asked me how he gets his milk from me. I told her that all mommies have milk and they are able to feed their babies. I gave her a few examples like mommy cows, mommy bears, mommy cats, etc. Her eyes lit up, she smiled and said excitedly, "Wow, Aunt Lindsay! You are magic! You can feed Baby Evan without a bottle! You are magic!" I just giggled and agreed with her. I guess it is a special kind of magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment