Friday, August 5, 2011

Perch Fishing for the 1st Time

Nick's grandpa's cousin, Marvin and his wife, Sarah, were visiting from Colorado a couple of weeks ago. They chartered a boat to go perch fishing and they asked if we would like to go along with them. I had never fished in Lake Erie and was super excited for the opportunity. Thanks to Great-Grandma Schnittker for watching Evan while we went fishing. There were seven of us fishing and together we caught about 120 yellow perch. I would say it was a pretty good day, even though Sarah and I both got a little bit sea sick!  I had so much fun, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I just need to remember to take some dramamine before hand. 



One of the many yellow perch that I caught that day! This was right before I had to stop because I was getting sea sick. The waves were so big that day! 
Nick caught at "double header."

Nick and his Papa enjoying the day together. 

What a beautiful day to be out on the water! I had a great time, but my big smile is because the boat was moving again. 

Nick was glad that he was able to go fishing with his grandpa! 

Evan enjoyed the blue raspberry Icee that the nice man at the fish place gave to him.  Mommy and Daddy might have stolen a few bites as well. 

Evan is all boy, playing with the rocks and the dirt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment