On Monday and Tuesday of last week I took Evan with me to work in my classroom for a few hours. I have a new classroom this year so I have a lot of work to do to get my classroom ready for school. For the first time in 12 years I will have a regular sized classroom! Honestly, I don't know what I am going to do with all of the extra space. Evan loved the big classroom; He was everywhere! He crawled underneath, around and through the desks, bookshelves, chairs, and tables. It looked like my classroom was his little obstacle course. On Monday I had a slight scare. I was taking books off of a bookshelf so that I could move it and Evan was navigating his way around my classroom. He was pounding on the top of my mini refrigerator and when I looked over to check on him there was red all over the back of the fridge and all over his left hand! He had been running his hand up and down the back of the fridge where there is a grid covering the fan and he cut his finger. He didn't even cry! The blood was all over his hand and I had a hard time figuring out where he was cut because he wouldn't hold still. I wiped his hand off as best as I could with a burp cloth and with the help of Linda, the school secretary, I was able to get a bandaid somewhat loosely on his finger. Of course he kept playing with it and eventually pulled it off. The second bandaid stayed on long enough to get the bleeding stopped. The cut wasn't even that big, but boy did it bleed a lot!
![]() |
| A very happy boy playing in Mommy's classroom. |

No comments:
Post a Comment