New Year's Eve day started out just like any other day at our house, but certainly didn't end up the way we had planned. We went to our friends' house for a party around 6 pm and planned to stay for a while (probably not until midnight because we had Evan with us), but we ended up leaving by 8:30. My stomach was really bothering me. I had only nibbled on a few things at the party so I know it wasn't because of something that I ate. Anyway, I felt like I might get sick and I really didn't want to do it at the Butler's house, so we left. Thankfully we left when we did because I started feeling worse as I was driving. We had made it halfway home and asked Nick to get me a Sprite out of the cooler. I took a few sips and then realized that I really was going to get sick. Nick quickly emptied the cooler and placed it on my lap just in time. I ended up getting sick 4 times while I was still driving! I eventually pulled over onto the side of the exit ramp to clean myself up and surprisingly I felt a lot better. I drove the rest of the way home and was fine for about another hour. I ended up getting sick again at about 9:30 and decided to just lay down and try to fall asleep. That worked for only a little while because I got sick again at about 10:30 and again at about 11:30 and then again at 12:30. It was very strange that just about every hour I got sick. Before we went to bed that night Nick had prepared a pork roast with potatoes and sauerkraut to eat on New Year's Day. It had been cooking in the Crock Pot all night long and at one point I just couldn't handle the smell anymore so I asked that he unplug it and put it in the fridge. I still didn't feel like eating the pork, potatoes and sauerkraut yesterday and Nick didn't either so we might have that for dinner tonight or tomorrow. Nick woke up yesterday with a queasy stomach but had already volunteered to drive the Browns bus to Cleveland for the game yesterday evening. Being the die-hard Browns fan that he is, he toughed it out and went to the game. He said that he ended up getting sick while they were tailgating and again while he was driving the bus home last night (he had stopped to drop a few people off at their house, so technically he wasn't driving at the time). Today, he is doing exactly what I did most of the day yesterday. He is lying on the couch trying to get some more rest. It was a little difficult for me yesterday with Evan always wanting my attention, but I feel so much better today. Hopefully Nick will be back to normal by tomorrow. I think that we must have caught a bug from my family because my brother was sick a few days before Christmas and my dad was sick a couple of days after Christmas with the same symptoms that we had. So, needless to say, our New Year's Eve night was very eventful, just not the way we had originally planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment