Sunday, May 29, 2011

Squirmy Wormy!

Evan has officially mastered the skill of rolling over. He has rolled across the entire living room floor several times. We still attempt to place him on his back to sleep in his crib, but as soon as he touches the mattress, he almost instantly rolls over to his side or onto his tummy. I find this a bit ironic because he used to dislike tummy time so much. Changing Evan's diaper has recently become very challenging as well. As soon as his old diaper is taken off and I reach for a wipe or the new diaper, he almost immediately tries to roll over onto his tummy. He is so squirmy that it is hard to get his new diaper put on correctly. I have caught on to this new little trick and now I am usually prepared to stop him from rolling over. Every once in a while I let him roll over anyway and let him try to reach for things in the basket on the changing table. He is very nosey and tries to reach for anything that he can. Today, after I finished changing his diaper and I was getting a new onsie to put on him, he tried to look over the edge of the changing table and leaned over too far. Luckily, I was only a couple of feet away, and was able to catch him as he rolled over the edge. He wasn't hurt, but I think it scared him a little bit because he cried after I caught him. I've now learned that I cannot leave him on the changing table alone, even if for just a couple of seconds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment