Friday, June 17, 2011

Relay For Life

Evan and I just got home from participating in The Erie County Relay For Life in support of the American Cancer Society. That horrible disease has affected so many people that I know and love, so I have participated in this event for the last two years. I walked several laps around the track last year when I was pregnant with Evan, so I thought it was only fitting that I take him with me and walk the laps with him in his stroller. He was so well behaved the entire time that we were there, from 11:00 until about 2:30. He just looked at everything that was going on and smiled at all of the people passing by. Aunt Tara was participating as well, so she helped me entertain Evan. The sun was very strong and the rubberized track was very warm so we took a couple of breaks to try to find some shade. At one point we sat underneath my teams' tent and tried to help sell some baked goods. I had several people ask me how much the baby was selling for, or if the baby came as a package deal with some of the cookies. I just smiled and politely responded that he wasn't for sale.  I tried to get him to fall asleep while we were there, but there were just way too many distractions. As soon as I put him into his car seat, he fussed for about 15 seconds and then fell sound asleep. The sun and the heat had completely worn him out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment