For quite some time now, Evan has figured out how to go from sitting up to lying down "gracefully" onto his belly (or at least without just falling to the floor and hitting his head). This morning I watched on the monitor as Evan rolled around and played in his crib. A couple of times he was able to pull his knees up into his belly, roll slightly to one side and then push himself up into the sitting position. I have never seen him do this before, which means that he is that much closer to making the next step to crawling. He is so close! He can get himself on his hands and knees, but he just hasn't figured out what to do next and usually just plops down onto his belly. It's so nice that he can sit up and play with things on his own and we don't have to worry about him crawling somewhere to get into things that he shouldn't get into. I'm afraid that day is fast approaching!
No comments:
Post a Comment